Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tim Gunn Stinks

In October of 2013, I wrote a letter to Tim Gunn of Project Runway.  It is now 2014, on the 25th day of February.  He still hasn't written me back.  So, I'm going to share it with you.

Lesson Learned: Don't write letters to celebrities.  They just don't care.

This is the letter I wrote. What do you think?

October 15, 2013
Tim Gunn,
Project Runway Mentor
Lifetime Network
235 45th Street
New York, New York 10017

Dear Mr. Gunn,

I am ten years old.  I am home educated.  I am a young fashion designer. This year I hope to develop and market my own fashion line.  I am starting with up-cycled mini skirts and accessories.  These will be the seed money for my Spring Couture debut.  I learned a lot from Project Runway. Like the importance of pinning, not to only hand sew stuff, and never send a model down a runway looking like a zebra wearing a Cone Of Shame.

Here’s my problem. The new season has too much cussing and inappropriate behavior.  I know you beep most things out, but, words like the b-word and the a-word make me so uncomfortable that I can’t watch.  I have a hard time learning anything over the swearing and beeping. 

I was wondering if you could change your screening policy from choosing people who aren’t really appropriate to good designers who also interesting people.  I mean, if you want drama, just start a new show, “Project Runway: Dark Divas of Design.”  I won’t watch that one.

Sincerely,

Windafire

2 comments:

  1. I am disappointed as well that Tim Gunn did not respond to you. And I now have a brilliant image in my head of a zebra wearing a cone of shame. Well done Win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you rendered Tim Gunn speechless, as we often do when we speak the truth with calm confidence (and some awesome wit). Ditto on the zebra with cone of shame – not getting THAT out of my mind!

    Well done, indeed!

    ReplyDelete